2016 ENDORSEMENT REVOKED
The staff and board at Alaska Right to Life didn’t make the decision to revoke Mrs. Johnson’s endorsement lightly.
Evaluations of Mrs. Johnson’s performance on her commitments to Alaska Right to Life members, her donors, and her voters, Alaska Right to Life has determined that Mrs. Johnson has broke her promises to protect children in the womb and Alaska Right to Life is revoking any past endorsement(s). Please consider:
2016 Campaign | June 14th, 2016
Signed Personhood Candidate Affirmation
- Affirmation “that life begins at conception.”
- Affirmation that “all persons have a natural right to life, liberty, the pursuit of happiness”
- Affirmation that any vote for legislation containing language in violation of the Personhood Affirmation will be viewed as direct opposition to the Personhood Affirmation.
- Commitment to “support for the Alaska Life at Conception Act” and other legislation and actions that would support…” the principles outlined in the Personhood Affirmation.
Legislation Commitments Made
- Commitment to Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, and Publicly Support the Alaska Life at Conception Act.”
- Commitment to Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, and Publicly Support constitutional protections to human beings beginning at conception.
- Commitment to Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, and Publicly Support legislative actions that prohibits killing human embryos.
- Commitment to Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, and Publicly Support legislation that prohibits funding programs involving contraceptive drugs that may cause chemically – induced abortions.
- Commitment to Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, and Publicly Support legislation that prohibits abortion victim tissue from being use in medical research.
- Commitment to Sponsor, Co-Sponsor, and Publicly Support legislation that prohibits euthanasia.
January 17, 2017 – May 15, 2018
- Voted to confirm Pro-Abortion Democrat Bryce Edgmon to Speaker of the House
- Joined the Democrat majority to censure Republican Representative Eastman
- Opposed Amendment 8 of SB 23, that would remove approximately $1,000,000 in payments to Planned Parenthood.
- Co-Sponsored the Life at Conception Act (HB 250) on June 16th, 2017, 30 days after the 1st Regular Session ended.
- Opposed hearing amendment 2 to HB 336
- Opposed Personhood amendment to SCR 17, proclaiming April 2018 as Sexual Assault Awareness Month.
Mrs. Johnson has been instructed to cease from using the Alaska Right to Life name, images, logo, and any reference to past Alaska Right to Life endorsements.
Finally, the staff and board at Alaska Right to Life didn’t make the decision to revoke Mrs. Johnson’s endorsement lightly. Ultimately, we believe that our duty to the thousands of children that are killed mercilessly by Planned Parenthood abortionists deserve better than promises made in exchange for votes and donations, then broken once elected.
The children that have been killed and are at risk of being killed in their mothers’ wombs deserve better.
The deserve the very best we can do for them.
The Alaska Right to Life 2018 PAC