Wednesday, May 15th, Alabama Governor Kay Ivey signed the Human Life Protection Act into law, aiming directly at Roe v Wade in the bill.
Alabama’s legislature and their governor should be commended for their bold and decisive action. Just 43 days after Representative Collins introduced the bill, Governor Ivey signed it into law.
Alabama has put every state in the country on notice: ending abortion is every state’s responsibility.
ENDING ABORTION IN ALASKA IS OUR RESPONSIBILITY
Looking for a solution from Juneau, Congress, the President, and even the courts leaves children in the womb vulnerable to abortion regardless of what happens at the national level.
Our opponents aren’t resting at all. In fact, abortion proponents are going state by state changing laws and creating constitutional rights to abortion.
- Infanticide in New York, New Jersey, and Virginia
- Constitutional abortion rights in Vermont and Connecticut
- Illinois is racing to become the first Abortion ‘Safe State’
Meanwhile, NARAL Pro-Choice America fans the flames of rage by claiming that, “if Roe v. Wade were overturned…states could quickly or immediately ban abortion outright.”
IF ROE V. WADE FALLS, ABORTION
COULD BE BANNED OUTRIGHT.
NARAL Pro-Choice America
But not in Alaska.
Both NARAL and Planned Parenthood report that Alaska has what they call, “Protected Access” to Abortion.
Both NARAL and Planned Parenthood recognize that abortion was legalized before Roe v Wade, and that our courts have struck down countless pro-life laws in the past 30 years. If Roe v Wade falls, they’re not worried about Alaska, since abortion access here is “protected.”
ABORTION ACCESS IS PROTECTED IN ALASKA
NARAL Pro-Choice America & Planned Parenthood
Nothing that happens in Alabama, Georgia, Congress, or at the Supreme Court addresses the Alaska Constitution and Alaska’s laws.
Alaska needs abortion laws that are written for Alaska.
The Human Life Protection Act addresses the Alabama Constitution, Alabama’s laws, and Alabama abortion laws – most of which predate Alaska. The solution to Alaska’s abortion laws must come from Alaska.
THE SOLUTION TO ALASKA’S ABORTION LAWS
MUST COME FROM ALASKA
The solution to Alaska’s abortion laws is in the Alaska Life At Conception Act, HB 178.
The Life At Conception Act was introduced the same day Alabama signed their bill into law.
The Life At Conception Act is a comprehensive bill that eliminates child killing in Alaska from the moment of conception without exception to the child’s age, level of development, disability, sex, nature of conception, or any other distinguishing characteristic.
The Life At Conception Act protects all innocent human life from the moment of conception to natural death by addressing several points in Alaska’s Constitutional and Statutory Laws:
- Defines children in the womb from the moment of conception as ‘natural persons.’
- Defines conception as the beginning of the biological development of a human organism, when the sperm and egg fuse.
- Eliminates abortion access from the right to privacy, as found in Article 1, Section 22 of the Alaska State Constitution.
- Defines abortion as the action taken before or during the birth of a child with the intent to kill the child.
- Repeals Alaska’s abortion laws and statutes, primarily Alaska Statute 18.16.
- Creates criminal penalties for any intentional killing of a child at any age equivalent to negligent homicide, murder, or any other intentional killing of a person.
ALASKA’S ABORTION LAW SOLUTION IS
THE LIFE AT CONCEPTION ACT OF 2019
Read the bill, sign the petition, and donate to bring an end to abortion in Alaska.