“The basic fact is simple:
life begins… at conception.”
Ashley Montague, Geneticist and Professor at Harvard and Rutgers Universities
The LIFE At Conception Act is a comprehensive bill that eliminates legalized child killing in Alaska from the moment of conception without exception to the child’s age, level of development, disability, sex, nature of conception, or any other distinguishing characteristic.
The LIFE At Conception Act protects all innocent human life from the moment of conception to natural death by addressing several points in Alaska’s Constitutional and Statutory Laws:
- Eliminates abortion access from the right to privacy, as found in Article 1, Section 22 of the Alaska State Constitution.
- Defines children in the womb from the moment of conception as ‘natural persons.’
- Defines conception as the beginning of the biological development of a human organism, when the sperm and egg fuse.
- Defines abortion as the action taken before or during the birth of a child with the intent to kill the child.
- Repeals Alaska’s abortion laws and statutes, primarily Alaska Statute 18.16.
- Creates criminal penalties for any intentional killing of a child at any age equivalent to negligent homicide, murder, or any other intentional killing of a person.
It took years to find and develop partnerships all across America and Alaska to bring The Life At Conception Act to the Alaska Legislature in 2017 for the first time.
Today, the Life At Conception Act has been introduced for the second time by David Eastman, Representative of District 10 in the Mat-Su Valley. David was joined by Sharon Jackson, Representative of District 13 in Eagle River.
We’re grateful to both Mr. Eastman and Mrs. Jackson and look forward to working closely with them to make abortion in Alaska illegal and unthinkable.