“The basic fact is simple:
life begins… at conception.”
Ashley Montague, Geneticist and Professor at Harvard and Rutgers Universities
Dear Mr. Dunleavy, Alaska House Representatives, and Alaska State Senators,
You have a rare chance in Alaska – and America’s – history to redeem our state from a tragic evil that has killed countless thousands of Alaskans while wounding thousands of Alaskan women.
The laws in Alaska arbitrarily ignore the humanity of children in the womb and effectively define them as property, not as persons.
Consider for a moment where the past 49 years have brought us:
- Alaska was among the few states that legalized abortion in 1970, three years before Roe v Wade.
- Alaska leads the nation again as a model state for abortion access according to the Guttmacher Institute and NARAL / Pro-Choice America.
- Alaska is one of the few states with “Constitutional Protections” to abortion access.
- Alaska is one of the few states with no meaningful restrictions on abortions from the moment of conception to birth.
- Alaska is also one of the few states that pays for nearly half the babies it kills every year.
- Alaska is one of the few states that pays for nearly 300 more babies to be killed in another state.
GOVERNMENTS SHOULD NEVER PAY TO KILL INNOCENT CHILDREN
The Alaska LIFE At Conception Act is based on accurate science and constitutional law, guarantying the right to life for all persons from Conception to natural end of life.
The Alaska Life At Conception Act is the only bill in Alaska that:
- Is based on accurate science and constitutional law.
- Guarantees the right to life to all persons from conception to natural death.
- Defines ALL CHILDREN as ‘natural persons’ from the moment of conception.
- Eliminates ALL exceptions that allow children to be killed because of their race, sex, chromosomal and genetic condition, age, size, or the nature of their conception.
- Comprehensively addresses existing statute, case law, State and US Constitutional law.
- Completely abolishes abortion.
Governments are formed for the good of the governed and the protection of their rights. After 49 years of legalized and government subsidized abortion, it’s clear that Alaska’s government has strayed far from its constitutional mandate.
It’s time to make the Life at Conception Act law and I am calling on you to perform your duty and exercise your authority as my elected representatives to face the difficult but worthy task of being a voice for the voiceless in our state’s government.